We’re all in this together – taking care of our staff and customers
Semmco cares for its employees and its customers and during this unprecedented time, we are focusing on the safety and welfare of all our staff as well as continuing to service our valued customers as best we can.
Much of our work is manufacturing and assembly and we want to try to keep this activity going for as long as we reasonably can, observing the guidance and recommendations laid down by the Government, so that we don’t put anyone in any unnecessary danger.
In conjunction with our employees we have developed and issued detailed information for all our staff outlining how we will protect them during this crisis and we have put the following measures in place at all our sites globally to do this:
- Our employees are being asked to ensure they observe a strict 2 metre distance from every person they come into contact with.
- Our office staff are now working from home with just two members of staff going into the office to answer calls and field any enquiries. These employees work in separate areas of the office.
- Our production workers are now operating a split shift pattern so that, at any time, no more than 2 employees are on a break together.
- We have provided face masks to every production worker in case they need to work together and are not able to carry out that work at the recommended 2 metre distance.
- Everyone has been instructed to maintain an exceptionally high level of hygiene that includes:
- Washing hands regularly for 20 seconds using soap and warm water.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Coughing into a tissue or the crook of your elbow if a tissue is not available
- Cleaning surfaces on a regular basis – we have supplied disinfectant wipes and disposable paper towels to help them do this.
- Using hand sanitizers regularly – we have provided every employee with these
- Using disposable paper towels at all time
- Apart from deliveries which are under special conditions – we are unfortunately no longer welcoming visitors to our sites – please call to arrange a Skype or other video conferencing meeting.
During this extraordinary time, with many of our employees working remotely, we are also keeping the morale high by circulating a weekly e-newsletter that includes an update on the business activities as well as providing useful hints and tips to get through this difficult period.
We intend to continue to manufacture our products so that we can meet our delivery schedules and honour our commitments to our customers but obviously will carry this work out under the strict conditions that we have already implemented.
We will update our working practices and continue to protect our employees in line with the recommendations that are changing on a daily basis and keep everyone informed at all times.
We thank everyone for their continued support and ask everyone to stay safe.