Work For Us
We are keen to recruit people who like a challenge and are not afraid to take responsibility for their work, actions and decisions.
Why work for Semmco?
For over twenty five years, Semmco has been dedicated to designing innovative solutions for a safe and efficient working environment across a number of critical industry sectors.
Founded in 1993 by Managing Director Stuart McOnie, the company is now a global business operating across Europe, the Middle East, Australasia and America. In addition to the Woking Head Office in the UK, Semmco has offices, maintenance and service capabilities in Arlington, Texas, USA, and Dubai, UAE.
Semmco’s mission is to be the company of choice for the world’s leading airlines, railway operators and industries. The company’s core values: Leading, Excellence, Integrity, Professionalism, Flair, are at the centre of everything the business does. This mission and values are integral to Semmco’s future and can only be achieved by continuing to employ really great people.
We are growing fast and need customer focused and passionate people who not only have exceptional talent but who share our ambition for creating and producing high quality and innovative designs. We employ design engineers, production engineers, sales engineers, buyers and a variety of roles within business administration. We have a management style that empowers people, allowing scope for creativity and progression and a culture that encourages individuals to be autonomous.
We are keen to recruit people who like a challenge and are not afraid to take responsibility for their work, actions and decisions. You will be motivated to learn quickly and enjoy working for a company that is always striving to be better than we were the day before.
If you have the enthusiasm and experience to make a difference to a growing team, then we want to hear from you.
Product Support Coordinator – Semmco Limited – Woking
We are looking for an organised and proactive individual to join the team in Woking as Product Support Coordinator - a varied role including technical assistance for customers as part of the Product Support department, assisting sales team with orders and shipping logistics and general administrative support for the office and service team. Read more by downloading the full job spec. below...
Production Technician – Semmco Limited – Woking
Responsible for production related activities in the Semmco factory. Responsible for all in-house engineering jobs, repairs and manufacturing contract repairs and projects. Occasional on-site service visits may be required which will be of similar nature to factory work. Read more by downloading the full job spec below...
Sales & Business Development Manager – Semmco LPS – Woking
Join Semmco Life Protection Systems as our Sales & Business Development Manager. This is a new role with responsibility for generating and developing sales for the Company’s breathing protection equipment in all UK and global markets. You will manage the sales team as well as developing and managing your own key accounts. Key to the role is good knowledge of PPE relevant to Semmco LPS products, the health and safety industry, relevant industry standards and best practice for the company products as well as a proven track record in business development. Read more by downloading the full job spec. below...
Our Recruitment process
We aim to recruit the right people for our business whilst ensuring that we are right for you.
- After we receive your CV and application, it will go through an initial sifting process. This is to ensure that you meet the minimum criteria for the role. Whilst your CV is important – your attitude and personality and how you fit into the current team are equally important to us.
- If your application is short-listed, you will then be contacted to undertake a quick telephone interview which will allow you to ask us any questions.
- If you are successful at first interview stage, a second stage interview will take place with a member of the management team who will then make the hiring decision.
- If you are successful, we will complete pre-employment checks which will involve you providing evidence of your right to work, references and qualifications, if necessary. We also ask you to undertake a psychometric test to enable us to understand how your strengths can be utilised.
Medical and airside clearance
If you are offered a role with us, you will be required to complete a confidential medical questionnaire.
Occasionally our customers will require our employees to complete an assessment which will include a drugs and alcohol test if you are working on-site.
In order to gain airside access, we would also carry out rigorous checks including a Criminal Records check and further reference checks.
- Competitive salary packages
- On site parking
- 22 days annual leave (excluding national public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare after 2 years service
- Employee Assistance Programme which allows employees and immediate family access to Health & Wellbeing support
- Discretionary bonus
All Semmco employees go through a thorough Induction process which includes Product & Quality Training.
We operate a Personal Development Plan which is reviewed bi-annually.